Saturday, March 1, 2014

It is a sleepy, snoozy, and grey Saturday morning. Even the backyard is relatively quiet. There are two squirrels up on feeders and two eating off the ground, but none of the frantic running around that we've seen earlier this week.

It is March 1st and 43 degrees right now. The area, in fact the whole middle of the country is bracing for the projected winter storm that will be upon us twenty four hours from now. I'll need to top off feeders again today to make sure all my backyard friends have food available. Then we'll hope the feeders don't get too ice covered to use.

As I sit here, activity is picking up. There are now seven squirrels out there and the chase has begun. Each one tries to protect its area and steal from the others at the same time. Like basketball players, they do offense and defense at the same time. They are fun to watch but they are also expensive to feed and destructive to the feeders because they will do what ever is necessary to get at the food. I reckon that is called survival.

I reckon I have set here long enough for now and should get up and do something productive. Besides, the coffee cup is empty. Whether you are a friend or one of my wonderful family members reading this --- I hope you have a wonderful dy. I know I will because you are in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment