Wednesday, March 26, 2014

No time yesterday morning yesterday morning for blogging as I had a breakfast to attend first thing. By the time I got back and settled in --- well, I got lazy. I admit it.

We certainly have different weather today than we did yesterday. It started snowing, --- yes, snowing on the 20th of March. We only got a good dusting and it was gone by afternoon, but come-on --- enough already. This 70 degrees one day and 29 the next is getting old.This morning it is 20 degrees but sunny which is good because we got to go out later today to the churches and get a bunch of work done.

Our dog sitting is in full swing. The dogs go out -- the dogs go in --- the dogs go out --- the dogs go in. In between --- they sit and look at us and bark. Julie understands what they want but we don't. Mostly, I think they want their Mom and some petting and cuddling. Jules will be home from Orlando on Friday afternoon and the pups will go berserk when they see her. They always do; whether it is a four day trip like this one or just to the store and back.

The pups are doing a fairly good job of keeping the squirrels up the tree although even they get tired of chasing once in awhile. There is a squirrel out there on the feeder right now and the pups are like --- "yeh, maybe later." I get good knee exercise though just getting up and down from my chair to let them in and out.

I'm seeing mostly Goldfinches this morning along with a couple of Robins. I hung a new feeder for the thistle seed and the Goldfinches love it.We counted 17 Finches on it a couple of days ago. I think I have discovered a fact though about bird feeders. Many of the birds do not seem to like red colored bird feeders. We bought a new feeder that is red and white and looks like a light house. It has been up for almost a week and the only birds that seem to go to it are the Finches. It is full of black oil sunflower seed so the bigger birds should be feeding from it. Maybe it will just a a little time.

My thoughts and prayers this morning go out to my brother-in-law, Byron, and my sister Sheila. Byron got a bad report from his oncologist this week. His PSA level has gone up by ten times since his last visit. He has Prostrate cancer but it has been somewhat in remission with treatment. I don't know what is going on now but I know they are scared and worried about it, with good reason. It is yet another reminder to all of us that our days are numbered on this earth and we are not given the tally. Therefore, we should use every opportunity to love those around us and make good use of the blessings and talents God has given us. Life is entirely too short to fill ourselves with negative energy and bad thoughts. Those kind of thoughts just drag us down into an unending spiral of despair and cause us to reflect on things that happened years ago and are long passed. Take the benefit of lessons learned, look for the joys of today and run with it.

Smile at someone today that you frowned at yesterday. It will make your day better and their's too. Have a blessed day --- I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment