Monday, March 17, 2014

28 degrees and yet another blanket of snow. Winter is having last gasps of breath. Two days ago we were out geocaching in 70 degree weather, yesterday we get rain, sleet, and snow. However, it is supposed to get to forty today so most of the snow will be gone within two days.

There is plenty of food on the backyard buffet this morning and the birds are taking full advantage of it. I did have to go out and refill the Finch feeders. The Starlings are back and forth to the feeders this morning. They are such ornery birds to one another. They flit and peck at each other like a couple of three year old kids fighting over a single toy. Generally when this is going on the rest of the birds just sit up in the branches until they fly away.

I have four squirrels here this morning. Saturday I changed out one of the sunflower seed feeders because the squirrels had chewed it up to where seed just fell out of it. I replaced it with an older feeder but the older feeder doesn't have a tray and the Cardinals really need a tray. I guess I'll look for a new feeder this week.

It is St. Patrick's Day. Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland who legend says drove all the snakes out of that country. It is a silly legend of course --- but as good of a reason to have a beer as any, which seems to be the main celebratory event of the day.

Ahh! I see Mr. Rabbit has come calling this morning. . It hops around out by the garden shed and hides under there. I don'know if it delivers it's litter of bunnies under there or not. In fact, I don't know if it is male or female. I know that in a couple of months, when the lillies get tall, I'll have young bunnies running and hiding under the lilly leaves. Its an annual event that I get to enjoy from the sunporch.

Once again I must stop and give thanks to God for all my blessings. My family is healthy and we all love each other. Our faith family at the two churches is also healthy for the most part. Ms. Kate and I are so blessed to have our church friends and paritioners in our life. In about six weeks we will celebrate our 10th year of serving the two churches. God has indeed blessed us.

Relax, take a deep breath, be grateful for your life, and share your love with someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment