Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Wow, it is 5:30 in the afternoon and I'm just now etting to my blog. I lazed around too long this morning and then had to get busy with my day. But it has been a busy day and a productive day.


It is unusual for me to be out here at this time of day. But the same suspects are out here. I just filled the feeders about 30 minutes ago and the locals all took notice. The squirrel is having a hey day running from feeder to feeder. So far there is only one. The Cardinals are swooping in to get their share as are the Finches and the Downy Woodpeckers.  They will all eat until just around sundown and then be back up in the morning.

Tomorrow won't afford blogging time because I have an all day class to attend, and then we have choir practice in the evening. I'll miss my sunporch time. It gives my brain time to either get started in the morning or down load in the afternoon. Either way is good for the spirit.

My prayer today goes out to the family of a young girl named Hallie Cunningham from Ft. Branch. She was cut down at the age of I believe eight years of age by an extremely rare cancer. Her death has affected the entire area. Her funeral is Thursday afternoon. I'm glad I'm not the one who has to do it. I'm positive that God does not cause such tragic things to happen and I'm also sure that many people are asking why God would allow such a thing to happen. But life is life and death happens to all of us. I pray her family will accept the comfort that God has to offer them. Everything I hear tells me that this little girl spread nothing but joy to everyone with whom she came into contact. Perhaps she had finished the job that God put her on earth to do. Despite the sorrow and tears that the community is currently sharing; God is good, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment