Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Well, today is a far cry from yesterday. It is a blustery morning out there and all the critters are hanging on for dear life. At 0630 this morning it was 53 degrees and is dropping rapidly down into the low thirties. Hello March weather!!

Ms. Kate and I got a lot of yard work done yesterday though. We spent about six and a half hours our there raking and trimming. The Knockout Roses in the front flowerbed were out of control but we did a good job of reigning them back in. We still have the ones in the back flowerbed to do.

Speaking of the Knockout roses in the back yard. a couple of squirrels got into a scuffle this morning and one chased the other up into the roses. It was pretty funny. The chaser -- just sat there at the bottom of the rose bush until finally the chase started all over again. As much as I hate that the squirrels eat all of my bird seed, they are fun to watch with their silly antics.

I'm seeing a lot more "pairing" of the birds these days. The Robins are now a pair and I see them picking up a little mud and flying off too. There will be a nest somewhere soon; probably on the curve of one of my gutters. The Goldfinches are paired up too it would appear. This morning there are a lot of male Cardinals out there but I haven't seen many of the females.But the male Cardinals are starting to put their mating display on by pushing up their crown as high as it can get in order to attract a mate. I don't know if they mate for life or just waggle their wiggle until they get a jiggle. In the past though, while sitting out here, I have seen the male Cardinals actually passing food to the females and I thought that was pretty neat.

We have a lot to get done today including the laundry, going to the churches and running the Sunday bulletins and then staying around for choir practice. We are blessed to have about a dozen members in the St. Lucas choir and they love to sing. Right now we are preparing for the Easter Cantata. Also we sing this coming Sunday and I'm looking forward to that. They do sing proudly and joyfully for the Lord.

Today, I pray for a day of world peace. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we had a day or even two where nobody killed anybody out of anger or greed? Wouldn't it be a glorious day if all words today were spoken in love and kindness? It starts with you. So, my friends and family let me simply tell you; "I Love you". Now pass that on!

No comments:

Post a Comment