Monday, March 31, 2014

Another God-given beautiful morning. It is so nice to not sit out here and whine about the weather. I think it is actually supposed to go to 71 degrees today. Hopefully I can get caught up on my work long enough to go for a top-down ride somewhere. It doesn't matter where --- just ride in the sunshine.

The squirrels are running free and wild this morning. I can't begin to keep them off of the feeders. I wear myself out getting in and out of my chair and opening and closing the doors to pop them with my BB gun. So they will just eat their fill and then they will leave for awhile and the birds can enjoy a brunch in peace. What the heck. I don't mind as long as they aren't chewing up my feeders or breaking something.

Yesterday was a good day at the churches. I had my last Confirmation class yesterday evening. We went over the questions that I will be asking the kids this coming Sunday on Examination Sunday. They did OK, but they also have a lot of work to do to not embarrass themselves in front to of the congregation. I give God thanks because I made it through a challenge with this class. One of my confirmands is a rather head-strong young girl who is blind. She is smart as a whip but still immature enough to have not learned a lot of patience and self discipline. I wasn't sure how I was going to teach her or handle her as I have never dealt with a person in that condition. But --- I'm glad to say it all has worked out just fine In fact, as we went over our questions yesterday --- she was the one that was most prepared. I pointed out to the rest of the kids who were relying on their notes to answer question that Jessica did not have that luxury and or option, and she had every bit of her stuff down cold. It was a great object lesson I think.

Yesterday I also baptized four of my confirmands during church at St. Lucas. What a great thing that is. I guess the sad thing about this being my last class is that I don't know if I will stay at the churches long enough to have another class. I'm thinking I may not since it will be three years at least before the next aged group is ready to go through a class and I don't know if I want to stay there that long. We are coming up on a ten year celebration in another five weeks and I'm not sure that it isn't time for me to fully retire. But ---- then what would I do with myself? So --- God and I need to talk. Ms. Kate knows that I wouldn't be worth a crap just being around the house. I'd drive her nuts as well as myself. We'll see where life takes us I reckon.

Time for me to get my work done. Have a blessed day --- I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment