Wednesday, March 5, 2014

From the conditions outside I'd say the thaw has begun. We have lots of fog this morning. My weather guy said last evening that we seem to be headed in the right direction and the artic cold appears to be going home where it belongs. That's not to say no more cold nights --- just not low single digits like we have been having.

Today is Ash Wednesday which is the beginning of the Lenten season. That also tells us that we are only forty days from Easter, which will be April 20th. I have a busy day today. One of my parishioners, Mavis Kruse, is having a knee replaced this afternoon. I need to be there before her surgery to say a prayer with her and the family. Then at 1730 I need to be at the church to get the confirmation class ready to conduct the 1900 hrs Ash Wednesday worship service. Wednesday is generally the day we go to the churches and run the bulletins but I don't see that happening today. Once again the weekend snow and ice screwed up my weekly schedule.

The fog is now lifting as the sun tries to burn through. The normal suspects and entertainers are all out there doing their best to clean out all the feeders. I intend to let them empty everything before I refill. They will do that before today is over, I'm sure. Making them clean out everything ensures I don't have wet and moldy seed in there. So, they have to be part of the "clean plate club" if they want more.

Our granddaughter Amanda called us last night to tell us that she had a job at Cold Stone Creamery, which she knows is my favorite ice cream chain. Frankly, she is lucky to have gotten a job because jobs for high school kids are scarce across the country. But, she graduates from high school on June 6th and already also has two semesters of college under her belt. She is such a fun kid to be around. She's funny, she's lively, she's smart and I think, also full of the Holy Spirit. We're all proud of her.

Its time to leave my porch and get busy for the day. As alwasys, I give God praise and thanks for my abundace of blessings. Right now I need to go in and give one of those blessings another cup of coffee and a good morning kiss.

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment