Friday, March 28, 2014

I'm "up before the dogs" this morning. That sounds like something that should become "on old saying": Up before the dogs. However, it is literally true. The pups are still sleeping soundly. It was my turn to be out here in the familyroom with them last night. They woke at 0345 wanting a pee run. So I let them out for about five minutes, and they came back in, settled down and are still sleeping. So, it was an easy night.

It rained lat night about an inch. The word looks refreshed this morning. The buffet is open for business and all the critter patrons are making their way in. Only a couple of squirrels have made their way in so far and at the moment they are satisfied to eat from the ground. In fact, as I look around the yard, almost all of the birds are ground feeding this morning. That's interesting. Perhaps the rain has made the spilled seeds easier to open and eat.

The world out there in the back yard is changing little by little every day. The Maple trees are starting to leaf out. All the daffodils are up about nine inches now. The early ones are already in bloom. The plumage on many of the birds is starting to change too with the change of the seasons as mating time starts to roll around. Some of the Goldfinches are now bright yellow. The male Cardinals are a brighter red, and the orange breast on the Robins is brighter. We are having more sixty degree days and fewer thirty degree nights. I feel as if spring has finally arrived. God's world continues on with the assurance of eternity. The earth turns at the same speed as it did the day God set it in motion. People are born and people die and the earth and the seasons continue on without notice.

My prayer this beautiful morning is one of gratitude. Ms. Kate just came through the house for her first cup of coffee. It made my day brighter an I thank God for putting her in my life. I also ask for prayers for healing and strength for our loved ones and friends who are dealing with cancer issues and various other health problems. I pray they may have only bright days filled with the light and love of God's peace.

May your day be filled with peace too.


No comments:

Post a Comment