Monday, March 24, 2014

Sunporching this morning with Ms. Julie. She and the pups are down for the weekend. Tomorrow morning she flies out to Orlando for a three day business trip and Ms. Kate and I are going to puppy-sit. So far this morning Julie and I have been on the porch for about 45 minutes and the pups have been in and out no less than eight times. I wouldn't call them spoiled --- I 'd call them rotten! But --- they are the love of Julie's life, so what ya'gonna' do?

We had a great Sunday, albiet busy as heck. But then most Sundays are at least through the Christmas, Lent, and Easter seasons. We had good attendance at both services yesterday. Then last evening I went back up for Confirmation class. We are coming to the end of Confirmation. The kids are at the point of cramming for examination Sunday. This coming Sunday I baptize four of them. Then on April 6th they have Examination Sunday in front of the congregation. Then on Palm Sunday they get confirmed. The question then is --- will they continue to attend church? So often the parents don't make their kids continue to come and we don't see them again untill they want a wedding at the church several years later. Its a systemic problem church-wide.

Its a cold morning and promises to get colder through Wednesday. The forecaster even used that four letter "s" word for tomorrow morning. It won't amount to anything but I want my Spring!!! The country is really tired of cold weather. They are even predicting blzzard conditions up where Josh lives, and that just crap for them.

On the other hand, I can not help but be thankful. I continue to be blessed With a family full of love and relatively good health all around. I have no right to ask for more but I'm sure I will. My prayer this morning then is for folks looking for work and who are worrying about how they are going to feed their families. I pray the economy will turn around for folks and they can find work. It puts so much stress on people.

Say a prayer for those less fortunate than you today and share your love with those around you. Have a blessed day.




No comments:

Post a Comment