Friday, March 7, 2014

Wow! We get to actually start the day with the temperature above the freezing mark. How great is that? I can see large portions of grass instead of snow. We are supposed to hit fifty degrees today.  So ----- nice day, and my day off, --- Road Trip!

Ms. Kate and I are going to pack an overnight bag and head over to the home of Superman; Metropolis, Illinois. Its only about a three hour drive --- but on the other hand --- its a three hour drive. Its a micro vacation. We'll take our pennies and give them to the slot machine demons. Some people would criticize us for gambling, but we consider it the price of entertainment. Gambling would infer that one has an expectation of winning and we know that doesn't happen!

I am out of some of my bird friends favorite delights. Tomorrow when we get home I need to go to Wildbirds and Things and restock the bird pantry. See --- another cost of entertainment , only this is guaranteed to pay off. How's that for flawless logic? Mr. Spock would be proud.

Our paritioner who had her knee replaced on Wednesday is doing very well and should be going home tomorrow. How amazing is that? I never cease to be amazed at what God has allowed us to do and learn. Ms. Kate has been through a double bi-pass surgery on her heart, had a knee replaced, and made it successfully through a stroke. People somtimes say that miracles are a thing that happened only when Jesus walked the earth but now we don't have them. I say God uses man to accomplish miracles every day through the things that God has allowed us to discover and learn. And for that. I offer up my prayer of gratitude this morning.

I hope your day is filled with recognition of God's blessings and miracles. Who knows, God might use you today as a blessing or a miracle just through a kind word or a smile that you pass along to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment