Sunday, March 2, 2014

Well, well, well --- hello winter. It has been almost two days since we saw you last. I was really hoping that winter was fading out the back door but we keep getting one more "hurrah". At the moment we are getting rain or freezing rain --- I can't tell the difference. The trees are already ice covered though. Hopefully we won't get too many limbs down or lose power.

The back yard critters are not happy. The feeder poles are ice covered and the squirrels are really having a hard time trying to climb them. The birds on the other hand are glad that I topped off all of the feeders yesterday. They need all the energy they can get today. It would appear that we are in for it until tomorrow sometime.

We cancelled church services today, as has every other church. As Lisa says, worship where you are, and as I sit here in a warm home, watching God's creatures out there --- I have no problem giving God thanks for my blessings.

This current storm has wreaked havoc all across the nation starting with torrential rains in California and now ice, rain, and snow across the midwest. It will be on the eastcoast by tomorrow. A lot of people have lost property and some deaths have been reported across the country. My prayers go out for all of those folks and their families.

And --- despite what is happening weather wise right now  --- a Starling is taking a bath in the birdbath. There is never a dull moment from the sunporch. Have a blessed day. I know I will.

1 comment:

  1. How is the heated birdbath holding up? The feathered ones must be giving their own thanks for it!

    ReplyDelete