Friday, February 28, 2014

Its a crisp blue nineteen degrees out this morning. The "bird-spa", i.e. the heated bird bath has been popular this morning. I had to go out first thing and add another gallon of water to it.

One fat squirrel obviously got up early this morning for the backyard buffet. It was on a feeder when I came out here with my coffee. It would eat for a few minutes and then just set there and kind of snooze. That's kind of what I do out here in the mornings on some days; have a little coffee, watch the birds, doze off, --- repeat. It works well.

I filled all the feeders again yesterday afternoon so maybe it will last through most of the weekend. We are still on tap for some kind of winter storm through part of the weekend. What comes through will determine how quickly the feeders get empty. If it gets really bad, the back yard will be swarming with birds and squirrels trying to fill up with all the energy and the warm water that they can. Its kind of like people at the grocery store. Mention a winter storm and the milk and bread goes flying off the shelves as if we were in for the apocalypse or something. (Okay, yes I did go out yesterday and buy more ice-melt while there was some still some on the shelves.)

This is the last day of February. Two months of 2014 is pretty much gone. When the weather is bad it feels as if time has stopped and when the weather is good it seems as if its gone too quickly. But a sixth of the year is history and I know I could have better use of my time. Thoughts of losing a little weight haven't been activated. There is a new Stephen King novel sitting right where I put it two months ago without so much as the first page read. The cage I want to put around the hydrangias hasn't been started, and the winter haircut for the roses hasn't been done.

But --- life is good. Despite what I have or have not gotten done this past two months, God continues to bless me. I have a life filled with love and a heart filled with peace. What more could I ask for?

Have a blessed day, --- I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment