Saturday, March 22, 2014

Happy Saturday! Indeed it is too. The sun is shining, it isn't raining or snowing, but the wind is going to keep the temps in the low fifties today. It isn't exactly convertible weather but a nice day anyhow.

Entertainment mode is in full swing this morning. Julie and the pups are here and the pups, mainly Auggie, have been driving the squirrels nuts. There were as many as seven squirrels circling around here trying to figure out how to get to the feeders and not get caught by the dog. Auggie has finally come because he is tired of chasing them around. This battle is going to continue for the next seven days since we are pup-sitting next week.

Yesterday was a productive day for us. We got the last of the rose bushes trimmed back and some other raking done. Unfortunately there is still much to do. But maybe if I get off my chair and keep at it, I'll shrink this gut a bit. I also bought a post-hole digger yesterday and re-established my two bird feeder poles in concrete. They have been out there a few years and were leaning way over. Now they are firmly planted and standing straight and tall.

The breese keeps the birds on the move this morning. They land, grab a seed or two and fly away. We put the new feeders out there but have not gotten a lot of action on them. It generally takes a couple of days before they catch on to and get used to the "new or different thing in the enviroment".

My prayer once again today is a prayer of gratitude for the blessings in my life. I am so fortunate to live the life that I do. I'm also so thankful that Julie decided to move to southern Indiana a few years back. She comes down as frequently as she can. Back before I retired, we were in a similar situation with Lisa and her family. They lived about three hours from us and she and the two kiddos came up almost every weekend. Several years before that we had an opportunity for Heather to move back home with us for a year or so after she graduated from college. What a blesing to have kids who love us enough to want to spend time with us. So, -- Lord, I thank you this morning for my family and all of the love that surrounds each of us.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment