Thursday, March 13, 2014

Woodpeckers and Robins and Cardinals , oh my; Finches and Sparrows and Doves how they fly!

Just my crude attempt at poetry but it does depict what's happening in the yard this morning. I have lots of friends stopping by for breakfast this morning. And why not? It is a beautiful albiet chilly morning. It is 23 this mornng and the temperature is supposed to double by this afternoon. The best thing is that the sun is shining brightly and that makes things at least seem warmer than maybe it really is.

Speaking of sunshine, --- we were at church yesterday afternoon running the bulletins for Sunday's services and the sun was shining through he window so brightly that it knd of hurt the eyes. And yet --- it was snowing huge flakes at almost blizzard conditions. Everytime I think I have about seen it all, God gives me another wondrous thing that makes me smile! How great is that?

The pussy willows are blooming brightly in the sun this morning. From my recliner, looking across the yard it looks like branches adorned with pearls on them. The daffodils out back have grown at least three inches since Monday. There is a bunch of them out front that might actually bloom this week. They are taller and have blossoms that appear ready to open. Our rhodadendrum has huge buds on it too. Yep --- I think the harsh winter is done and spring is almost here. Praise God.

Yesterday was busy and today will just as much so. I have a meeting this afternoon but we also have a bunch of running around to do. Ms. Kate and I need to put our game plan together for the day. I almost always take her anywhere she needs to go. I'm not sure why do that; its not like she can't drive or needs my help with the shopping. Truth be told, she'd rather I didn't go in the stores with her because I make feel rushed. So, I generally just go and sit in the car. Some times I grab a quick nap, but mostly I just sit and watch people in the parking lots. It does make for good thinking time. But, isn't strange that I feel it necessary to drive her where she wants to go?

My prayer this morning is again a prayer of gratitude. God has so fully blessed me. As the 23rd Psalm says; "My cup runneth over". I'll bet your cup is running over too if you stop to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment