Thursday, March 27, 2014

Afternoon sunshine and afternoon birds; that's where we are today. I have no idea where my day went but I'm late getting to the blog.

It is a lot quieter out here this afternoon than it is in the mornings. The squirrels have filled their bellies for awhile at least. I did go out and fill everything up again this morning. We are supposed to have rain this evening and tomorrow morning so I wanted everything full. Yes, I do spoil my critters even though they have no concept of that.

We did spend some time out at all of the local craft stores. We were looking for a dye cutter to make a cross. We plan to etch a cross on the communion cups that we give to the confirmands for their first communion. But no luck. So, I think I may have to free-lanse it. We did that before and it came out fine.

I'm sitting here with Auggie dog on my lap. He misses his afternoon nap with his momma. Ms. Kate has slept the last two nights on the couch in the family room to pacify the dogs. I have volunteered to take her spot tonight so she can get a good nights rest. They are so used to waking Julie up at zero dark-thirty to go out and here we have nocturnal visitors like opposums and raccoons in the back yard that drive the dogs nuts. We don't want them tangling with the night visitors because they would lose any battle they engaged in.

It is starting to rain some showers and the feeders are starting to get crowded with birds grabbing a bite before the storms come in.

Our prayers today go out for Christine's mom, Jean. Her chemo is starting to kick in and she has been admitted to the hospital. Our prayers also go out to Pastor Ferrell Hardison. He is Lisa's pastor in North Carolina. His son died this morning from a drug overdose.

Julie flies home tomorrow afternoon. It isn't supposed to very good weather, so we pray for a safe journey.

Have a blessed evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment