Saturday, March 15, 2014

Happy beautiful, sunny Saturday morning. Its 39 degrees out but promises once again to head on up into the upper 60's.

My first visitor this morning was a Pilated Woodpecker. If you don't know them, they are huge. I think this one has an eighteen inch wing-span. They have an easily identifiable call that sounds like a jungle bird of some kind. I suspect it is what I saw yesterday circling overhead that I originally thought to be a hawk or eagle. I need to do a little research on them because they almost look like a mini-Terradactyl. I wonder if they are genetically related. I think that I read though that they were the inspiration for the cartoon character Woody Woodpecker.

Ms. Kate and I are not overly motivated this morning although we've had our coffee and she fixed us a wonderful yogurt, banana, and blue berry breakfast. Yummmm! We need to go to Sam's Club today and get more fresh fruit and also some bags of spring yard ammendment stuff. I probably need to swing by and pick up another fifty pound bag of Black Oil Sunflower seed for the critters too.

There are seven Cardinals sitting in the pussy willow tree just outside the window and a half dozen Goldfinches. It makes for a nice combination. I also have a Hairy Woodpecker on the bark butter feeder. I don't know why they are called Hairy Woodpeckers because there is nothing hairy about them.

I give God praise this morning for such a beautiful day and pray that I will make the best use of it possible. Days like this are simply peace for my soul. I hope your days will be full of God's peace too. Share your love and your blessings with someone today. Be the reason they smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment