Monday, March 10, 2014

Happy New Week! It is beautiful out side the doors of the sun porch today. It has been two days since my last visit out here and it is obvious from the empty feeders everywhere. The Cardinals don't seem to mind, they are finding plenty of spilled sunflower seed on the ground. Most of the other birds are finding residual food too. I will go fill everything as soon as I finish my coffee.

The squirrels on the other hand are just honked off. They have run circles from feeder to feeder to feeder only to find them empty. Then they sit there for a few moments rapidly shaking their tails and looking straight into the porch. I don't speak "squirrel tail" but the message is obvious. They have all left the yard now but I suspect they haven't gone too far. They will know the instant I start filling them up.

Saturday we were on a road trip and I never got time to be out here. Sunday of course is church time and is always a long busy day, hence again no time for the porch or for blogging. I miss it when I can't afford the time to sit out here. I would love to be able to write my sermons and stuff out here but I also know my easily distracted mind. I would spend more time sitting and watching than writing.

God gave us a beautiful weekend. It is hard to believe that just a week ago we had to cancel church because of all the ice and snow. Spring really is coming of course because it is inevitable. God made a world that has continual design. Its only human impatience that makes us continue to wish for something more. Today I give God thanks for those spring flowers that are now up about three inches throughout the flower beds, and for my wonderful Ms. Kate who planted them there. I know that in just a couple of weeks they will be fully up and ready to spread a blanket of bloom to see each morning as I sit out here. God is good and God's blessings are consistent.

Well, the lone squirrel has come back again and is checking all of the feeders once again to see if I have done my job. Several times it has come to the pussy willow branch closest to my window and stared in. I think it just called me an asshole with that angry flip of its tail.

Until tomorrow, have a most blessed day. Think good thoughts and be gracious and grateful for what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment