Saturday, March 29, 2014

Its a rainy, rainy morning. I think it will be the norm for most of the day. April showerers bring May flowers they say but it isn't April just yet.

The squirrels have been running rampant through the yard and feeders this morning. The dogs haven't been up until just now so they have been pretty free to do as they please. I've been popping them with my BB gun but its an old game. They just run back up the tree and wait on the back side until they hear the porch door close. Then they run right back up the feeder.

Julie made it safely back from Florida last evening. The pups were happy to see their mom. They were also happy to snuggle in with her at bedtime. I suspect they won't want her out of their sight for awhile. She and the pups will head back to home today.

I have lots and lots of Cardinals out here this morning as well as Finches of all variety. It does make for a beautiful sight. They don't seem to be bothered by the rain in the least. Again though, they are doing a lot of ground feeding this morning. That's fine by me. They need to clean up after themselves and get some of the residual out of my grass.

I give a prayer of gratitude this morning for Julie's safe passage yesterday and pray she will have a safe drive home today in the rain. I also offer a prayer for strength to the families locally that are having funerals for loved ones lost in accidents this week. I hate rainy day funerals because it only adds to the depression of the day. I also offer prayers of condolences to the families in Washington state that lost loved ones in the big mud slide this week. So much tragedy in the world and it is so easy to not look for God's blessings amidst all of it. But God is good, not just on sunny days but on rainy days as well. God is good --- all the time.

Have a blessed day. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment