Friday, March 21, 2014

The coffee's good, the sun is bright, and such a day is a total delight. ---- My attempt at poetry is getting any better is it?

Gosh what beautiful morning. Yes, indeed spring is here. Ms. Kate and I drove the back roads yesterday and there are daffodils and crocus blooming out there in people's yards and some even growing wild along the roadside. We went to the churches yesterday to run our Sunday bulletins and we have daffodils blooming along the cemetery next to the edge of the woods. It does make for a small picture of serenity.

The Doves are swooping in this morning along with all varieties of Finches, Sparrows, Robins, the Cardinals, and Woodpeckers. The pussy willow tree was a blur of activity and noise for a bit as the Starling flock flew in for breakfast and a morning round of fussing with one another. They come, they make a mess and peck at one another, and then they fly off for a few minutes --- then repeat the process.

We went feeder shopping yesterday. We bought two new ones and a bunch of different kinds of bird food. I love sitting here on the porch watching all of this back yard activity, but it certainly isn't a free show. I need to give all of these critters a name so I can write them off on my taxes. I mean -- I am supporting them, right? Or maybe I could write off the cost of all the food and feeders etc as one big donation to the "Sunporch Wildlife Foundation".

Our thoughts and prayers this morning go out for our daughter Heather and her children, Lauren and Jon. Heather called us yesterday afternoon and told us that Jon's large dog, Champ, had attacked Lauren's little dog, Maggie, and killed it. I don't know the particulars beyond that. We don't know why Champ attacked, and we don't know if they are going to have to have Champ put down or not. But they are all devastated and heartbroken. They did love little Maggie and they love Champ. So, say a prayer for their comfort and grief. It is the first death that the kids have had to deal with, and we all are familiar with the bond of a beloved pet.

I hear a Woodpecker busily boring into a tree somewhere close by. I hope it isn't one of mine. It is so nice out that I need to get busy and make use of the day God has given me. I have feeders to fill, new ones to hang, a rose to trim right quick before the trash man comes, (oops, I just missed that one) and we need to put down some mulch where it isn't too wet to do so.

Life is good, my blessing abound; and I give God praise for every bit of it. Think thoughts of peace today and have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment