Tuesday, March 4, 2014

It is a brisk and brilliant thirteen degrees outside. I went out after dark last evening and refilled my feeders. This morning I can't keep the bushy tails off of them. But then, I expected nothing less.

I spent much of yesterday out front clearing snow. My plan for my driveway worked pretty well and all of the pretreatment did what I had hoped it would. Between some actual shoveling and the John Deere and blade I got my driveway and walks cleared, as well as two of my neighbors and the street / hill in front of our houses all cleared. Of course, I could have simply waited a few more days when the temperatures climb back up to the forties and fifties. But this is the winter that won't quit and who knows what is really coming down the pike?

There is a stranger in the mix out there today. I have a Redwing Blackbird. We get a lot of varieties of "black birds" but not many of these. I've opened the doors and shot my squirrels in the butt several times today just to keep them off the feeders. I have hit them so many times over the months that it has become routine. They position themselves on the feeders so they can watch my doors and they listen for the click of my Red Ryder, and they will try to avoid getting shot. I guess it is an aggravation to them because I know they aren'getting hurt. I would love to use a pellet gun on them but the proximity of houses and the lack of total accuracy on my part prevents that. So we play our little game. I sting their butt, they run up the trees and peek around the branches and wait until they hear the door close, and then come back down to eat again.

I was glad to see Julie writing in her blog again yesterday. If you are reading mine, you should check out hers; its called "An attitude of gratitude".

We didn't get the taxes done yesterday but to we must "render unto Ceasar" today and get that off of our minds.

Look around you today. See all of those blessings that are filling your life? A warm home, food on the table, clothes to wear, friends an family that love you --- your life is full. Take time to be thankful to God who watches over you. Share those blessings with others and give something of yourself to someone else today.

Have a great day --- I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment