Thursday, February 2, 2017

Thursday snuck right in here on us didn't it! February 2nd has arrived. Today we are going to go over to Julie's school in New Albany and attend her Harry Potter Book celebration/event. I think it is going to be fun. I'm sure there will be "Potterheads" in all manner of costume. Ms. Kate is going to be taking pictures for it.

I missed writing yesterday but we were kind of busy most of the day. I had a lunch time meeting with our associate conference minister because I had some questions that I needed answers to. It was a good meeting. Then Ms. Kate and I went to Sam's Club for some stuff, then to Target. Then last evening we went to cantata practice at St. Lucas. It was so great to be back at St. Lucas and to fellowship with our friends once again. We won't be singing during the Sunday services because by denomination "rules" we aren't supposed to attend the churches that I just left. Allegedly, it "undermines" the ministry of the new pastor because parishioners would still turn to me for spiritual guidance instead of the new pastor. But, Dave, the new pastor has said he has no problem with us being there. The choir has no tenor voice so I'm it. But, beyond singing in the cantata at Easter, we are staying away from the services just to follow the rules --- for a while. But --- I felt as though I had been given a "friend fix" after choir was over.

It is a beautiful, albiet cold morning. The sun is bright in the sky and it is 30 degrees this morning and won't warm too much beyond that. I have lots of birds this morning, most the little ones like finches and wrens, and junkos. I only see a couple of cardinals out here but their feeding time hasn't quite arrived yet. They will flock in around 0930 for their second feeding. I have my usual bullies here --- the starling gang. But they come in and peck at everything for about ten minutes and then they fly off.

Ms. kate and i took Tuesday afternoon and went geocaching out in the next county. We picked up 18 more caches. We are up to 2398 found so far. There are a whole bunch more over there in Posey County so we will be heading back that way to clean up some of them. We intend to do a lot more caching now that we are retired. Caching leads to day trips and we do love our day trip adventures together.

Time to refill the coffee cup and check to see if Ms. Kate is ready for another cup. I pray you will have a blessed day full of the Lord's grace and love and I also pray you will recognize it as such. Remember that we never walk alone in this life. God is always with us and the Holy Spirit will always be our guide. Be at peace as Christ wraps his arms around you. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment