Thursday, February 23, 2017

The song says; "Blue skies are gonna' wake us, put on a happy face." Well we have blue skies this morning but that isn't what we us. It was a dang "robo-call" on my cell phone. So I don't have a happy face. Robo-calls infuriate me. I generally don't even answer them because I know I don't know any body in the location that my caller ID says the call is from. But they area especially annoying when I'm in the middle of something -- like a good night's sleep -- and wake me up. Grrrrr!

Speaking of skies; I don't know how the sunset looked last night wherever you were but our sunset was maybe the most spectacular I've ever seen. Unfortunately I was in heavy traffic on the way to choir practice and couldn't pull off or even take a really good look at it. Ms. Kate tried to get pictures but I don't think they turned it very well. I tried to get a shot when we got to the church but the red just didn't show up in the camera like it did to the naked eye. But take my word for it; it was beautiful. God does some marvelous work and God does provide blessings just when we need them.

I went to Wild Birds Unlimited yesterday and spent a lot of money on a couple of replacement feeders and so far I have only seen one finch approach either of the new feeders. I figured the cardinal would be all over the one. Sometimes it takes a day or two before they get used to them. It is amazing what a person can spend on something as simple as a bird feeder. But --- I guess what is more amazing is what people are willing to spend on them. I also stopped at Pet Foods and picked up another 40# of sunflower seed. But --- the reward is that I get to set out here in the mornings and watch them all come in and eat. I probably have thirty birds of several varieties out there right now. Matthew 6:26 says "Consider the birds of the air. They neither toil nor sow nor reap and yet your Heavenly Father takes care of them". And yes --- that is true --- and I guess He sent me to do it. LOL

Ms. Kate and I are having lunch with our good friends, Bob and Georgia Ann today. We were supposed to do that last week but Georgia Ann didn't feel up to it. But it is going to be 75 degrees today and sunny and that will make her feel better all by itself. Heck, it makes us all feel better just being out in it. We hate to think that her cancer is beginning to take more of a toll on her but she is slowing down more all the time. The day will come when she won't want to go anymore and we'll miss that. Those two are such special people to us.

Time to quit. I need to help Ms. Kate with the laundry. Our washing machine is a top loading machine and her short self can't reach the bottom of it to get the wet clothes out without using a pair of tongs. So, I doo the swapping from washer to dryer.

I hope you have a pleasant day with lots of the warmth of the Lord God constantly surrounding you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment