Monday, February 6, 2017

Happy Monday!! As we begin this first full week in February it is 42 degrees and foggy this morning.  But as you know, I'm one of those weird people thata happens to love foggy mornings. I just figure Gos still has the blankets pulled up and is keeping the world all snuggled in.

Our morning though had to start early. Ms. Kate had a doctor's appointment first thing this morning. So we got up early and got ready to go take care of that. It was a routine appointment but was also a "fasting" appointment for her bloodwork so that meant no coffee because she ruins her coffee with cream. Sucks to be her!

After her appointment, we called Karen and asked if she wanted to meet us at Cracker Barrel for breakfast, which she did. Now we are back home and it is noon already and I'm wondering how it got so late so quick.

We tried out another church yesterday. We had talked about going back to Crossroads Christian but decided to just try yet another one. We ended up going to St. Mark's United Church of Christ out on the far west side of town. Last week the church we attended had 1000 people there for the service. This week, Ms. Kate and I rounded the attendance off at fourteen. I've known the pastor for many years and I also know a couple of the parishioners. That church is a small church and never had a lot of people but now it is an aging church with no children and the parishioners are all about my age. It reminds me of my St. Paul's congregation that I had. But, folks were friendly, the service was familiar and the sermon was good. All in all, it was a good worship experience.

Like most of America, Ms. kate and I spent the evening watching the Super Bowl. That may have been the best football game I have ever seen. It helped that my team won, but it was a great game anyway.

That is about it for today. It is late enough in the day that the backyard gang won't be back now for another four hours or so with the exception of maybe a starling here and there. It looks like I need to go buy another case of suet. The suet feeders are almost totally empty. We are expecting strong storms this evening and tomorrow with crazy high unseasonal temperatures. Then by Wednesday it starts to get cold again. It is a strange winter. But --- God will do as God will do. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment