Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day. I assume that by now many couple have swapped their cards declaring their love for one another. Florists delivery trucks will be driving all of the towns delivering flowers to giddy recipients. The more public the display --- the better. This evening it will be next to impossible to get into a restaurant for dinner unless you have a reservation, and chocolates will be flying off the shelves to give to loved ones. How many of you remember Valentines Day as young elementary school students. In my school, each student had a box and you dropped in your valentines to the class mates. I remember the teacher sent home a list of children in the classroom so you didn't miss anybody. Whether we actually gave one to everybody or not, ---- I don't recall. I know I didn't want to have to give Valentines cards to BOYS!  That was a different day and a different society. I don't know if that is still practiced or not. In this day and age where society wants to make sure no one feels less than anyone else, I suspect the practice may have been given up because some student may not have received as many valentines as another and "felt bad".

*******

I'm back and you didn't even know I was gone. Ms. Kate and I took advantage of a mostly sunny day with "almost warm" temperatures and went geocaching most of the day. I had printed out a list and the documents that go with them last night and the I plugged all of the coordinates into the GPS. We toook off about 1000 hrs this morning and headed north and east. It was a great day of just relaxing, riding around through the countryside; getting a little expertise getting in and out of the ruck and searching for the little hidden treasure that is called a geocache. I love that this is a world-wide "sport" or activity. No matter where we go, in or out of the United States --- we can go geocaching. We've been doing this for a few years now on and off. Now that we are retired, we have determined that we will make this an activity that we will use to get out and about. Since we started with this hobby, we have found our 2400 "caches". With a little effort, we should be able to hit 2700 by the end of the year. The problem is that as you collect the ones in your local area, you have to travel farther and farther to find them until someone puts more out. So, there could be a few overnight road trips this year. So far we have cached in 34 states and Canada.

That's it for tonight. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Have a good night and rest well knowing that God has you safely in God's arms. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment