Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Welcome to a rainy Tuesday morning. It is 60 degrees outside which it certainly should not be during the first week of February; and is also why we are under a slight risk for severe thunderstorms etc. I'm thankful for the rain because it is a relatively gentle rain so far and this area needed it. I heard the news folks say that we were in a fire danger situation because we have not had rain for several weeks now.

I have to take Ms. Kate in to the radiology lab for a Doppler test on her carotid artery this morning to make sure the blood is flowing correctly. She had an "incident" a coule of weeks ago that mimicked some stroke symptoms; and since she has already had one stroke --- Dr. Jackson said we aren't taking any chances.  We totally agree with him. This test is non-invasive and takes about five minutes and is done at Deaconess Hospital.

This afternoon, Ms. Kate and I need to sit and go over the cantata and practice that some. She doesn't read music so she has to make notes to herself of what to do when. I'll play it on the keyboard, at least the melody or just our parts so we can get familiar with it. Tomorrow night is cantata practice at the church and we'd like to be better prepared.

Despite the rain this morning, I still have a few visitors and guests at the backyard buffet. It took the squirrel several tries to get up that metal pole to the feeder. He kept sliding back down ---- always fun to watch. I have a couple of downy woodpeckers eating up the last of the barkbutter. I think, if it isn't raining too hard, we'll stop by either Rural King or the Pet Smart and pick up some suet. I thought about doing that yesterday but we never got there. I have six empty suet feeders at the moment. I have four cardinals out there braving the elements to eat breakfast or their morning snack. I guess it isn't a big deal because they woud be out in the elements whether they were here eating or not. It isn't like they left the house and came outside. But, I still feel sorry for them. I wonder if it bothers them or not.

Ms. Kate says it is time to go so I will sign off and wish you a very pleasant day. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment