Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Mid-week and it is a cooler day than yesterday was. But, we were missed by the storms that could have hit us. My prayers go out to the folks in the southeastern part of the country. There were four massive tornadoes in the New Orleans area with lots of destroyed homes and I think at least one life was lost. That storm has moved on out of the country but this morning the folks up in the Boston area, (and my grandson, Josh,) have snow and ice to deal with. There has been at least one fifty car pile up so far. So I offer up prayers for their safety too. God's hands are busy this morning. His hosts of angels must be extremely busy shielding and protecting their charges around the world.

I filled the bird feeders yesterday afternoon. We stopped at Pet Foods yesterday and I picked up a twelve-pack of suet and put out half of them. I also picked up another 40# of sunflower seed since it was on sale and my can was half empty. It was really comfortable being out there filling the feeders because it was 67 degrees and sunny. We only have about five more weeks of winter and the weather seems to be rolling more to the warm side each week. I don't know that it is a good thing because we haven't had any snow so far this year. But then --- as weird as the weather has been, we could get snow as late as April. It has happened before. I saw a "planting chart" on Facebook tis morning which tells me that people are already getting anxious. I admit that I check on my daffodils every day to see what they are doing. Karen's are already budding out and will be blooming soon unless they get frost bit. I don't have any buds yet and I think that may be for the better. But it does excite me to see things pushing up out of the ground. Again --- God's hands are busy. I never tire of looking at this wonderful creation of God. If one stops and starts considering the unmeasureable intricacies that God designed into nature to make this world work --- well, it is simply overwhelming. You know, I appreciate the work of scientists and all of their digging around and their study to find out how things work. Thanks to their efforts, we can get a better understanding of how to take better care of the earth and our selves. But for anyone to try to tell me that there is no divine plan to all of this, and to say well, it was just all a cosmic accident that turned out perfect ---- nah, -- go huy yourself another Twinkie cause you're living in LaLa Land.   This is all God, and God is all of this.

The cardinals are arriving for their morning snack so I'm going to just sit here and enjoy them. I pray the second half of your week will be full of blessings. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment