Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Good morning and Happy Tuesday. It is a grey "warmish" day, 50 degrees at the moment. I kind of think that what I see is what we will get for today. I think the temperature is supposed to maybe go up another three or four degrees and the breeze we are having will not subside today. Actually, this would be a good day to throw on our coats and do a little bit of geocaching today. 

I just noticed that this is my 772nd post. Who'd a thunk it? There are only about 7 - 15 people that follow or read my posts and I'll admit that they aren't terribly exciting. After all, one can only talk about their collection of birds in the backyard for so long a period of time. But to those of you who do read my posts; --- thanks. I enjoy sharing my thoughts as I sit here with my cup of coffee and watch my backyard buffet critters. I guess if there is any "benefit" to you --- it is knowing that as I sit here, you are included in my thoughts and in my prayers; and it is always good to know that someone is thinking of you and is saying a prayer for you. 

Well, the bad news is that Ms. Kate's fireplace in the family room quit last night. It was burning just fine and suddenly it just quit. It is a vented gas fireplace and I don't know jack about working on it. So, I called Bassemeirs last evening and told them I need it fixed. This is the same company that we just ordered the new fireplace screen and new logs from. They will be here on Friday morning and fix it and they will also bring the new logs at the same time. The screen takes six weeks to be made and delivered. But -- for the next couple of days, Ms. Kate will have to use her lap blanket while she is watching television. She is always cold and I think it is because of some of her medications. I, on the other hand, am always warm. I know a lot of couples that tell me they are the same way. 

The fireplace work has changed our plans a bit for the week. I told you yesterday that we were going ove to Julie's on Thursday and would be home on Friday morning. But now, we'll come on home on Thursday night. It will work out better for Julie too because she is heading out on a trip Saturday morning.

There must be a cat in the yard somewhere that I can't see. The squirrel that was on the feeder just went scooting up a tree as fast as its little legs could take it and now it is sitting the with its tail a swishing and is chittering at something. It's all good though --- it had been on that feeder long enough anyway. I just filled all of the feeders yesterday afternoon. They don't need to eat it all in one day. 

I see the wrens are starting to gather stuff that I assume means a nest is being built somewhere. I love my little wrens. They are so cute when they first come out of the nests and begin to try their wings. They stick to the azalea bushes and just kind of flitter from one branch to another. The next thing you know --- off they go to wherever. It is so much fun to watch. God just does so very many marvelous things with this world He created. I never cease to be amazed. 

My girls have now chimed in on Facebook Messenger so I'm dropping off of here to talk to them. I hope your day is fully blessed. Peace. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment