Monday, February 13, 2017

The sun is bright, the sky is blue, the temperature is 42 degrees and life is good all around me. It is an ideal way to start off a brand new week. The question is --- what to do with this beautiful day. For sure, one thing I need to do is fill up a few of the feeders. I've had a bevy of starlings here this morning. Last night I threw out a couple of half loafs of bread that had gone stale and figured that if the blackbirds and starlings did show today, they would quickly clean all of that up. But no --- they are here eating the bark butter instead. So I need to fill the bark butter feeders today as well as a couple of the smaller sunflower seed feeders.

Yesterday we attended Bethel United Church of Christ for our morning worship. It was basically the same service that is held in most UCC churches and a service that we are accustomed to. Bethel has a reputation of being a "monied-church". Maybe that is because they are on the east side of town which is also reputed to be the "monied" side of town. I admit that it has a different "flavor" to it. It has been a long time since we have attended a church where almost all of the men and women were "dressed-up", so to speak. The men wore sport coats or suits and ties, and the women were wearing dresses for the most part. It had a very "1950's" feel to it; i.e much more formal and traditional. But, we fit in just fine and we enjoy an opportunity to worship The Lord. Next week, we'll try another church somewhere. This is really kind of a neat experience going around checking out churches.

Saturday Ms. Kate and I trimmed back the two knockout rose bushes that we have out front. We spent almost three hours on that job. When I trim up bushes etc I like to cut the residue in to small pieces so I can bag it up and the trash man will haul it away. That keeps me from having to find a landfill or a place to take it by truck and dump it somewhere. We totally filled three of those large Sam's Club yard and leaf bags with the trimming that we cut off and cut up. Our hands are still sore from  squeezing on those pruners. But those roses should really do well this year because this is the first year in a couple that we have cut out all of the deadwood an stuff. They look so much better. Also Saturday, I went to the local lumber store and picked up two wash-tubs full of sawdust and put on my asparagus. So, it was a day of good work. This week I have some raking to do but we are also going to take a day and go geocaching. The weather is getting better and we need to get out and about.

My coffee cup has gone empty for the second time and that is a signal to get out of my chair and do something. Say a prayer or two for the folks up in New England wh are having a blizzard ttoday and also keep in your prayers the folks that are still looking for answers and hope from the tornadoes od last week. Stay in touch with God --- that's where all the answers to any question you have will be. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment