Thursday, February 16, 2017

I'm sitting here looking at the flower planters that we bring in during the winter and place in the sunny portion of the sunporch. They do extremely well in here; almost better than they do outside in the summer. I don't know what kind of plants most of these are except I know we have a couple of pots of geraniums that we have had for years and they bloom year around. At least wo of them though grow tendrils and the fascinating thing about that is that the tendrils seem to have a destination in mind as hey grow. Now, I know that in any rational thought process, that isn't possible. However, I'm looking at a plant that has a tendril that has grown about three feet through the air to reach a door handle to latch on to and intertwine. My star jasmine plant is doing the same thing. It has a tendril that is heading toward another door handle. So far it has grown about two feet long and has about two feet to go. It will be interesting to see if it keeps growing until it actually reaches that door handle without falling over. Do you understand why I get so amazed at what God enables nature to do? It is facinating.

I didn't get my job done yesterday and the feeders are really getting emptied today. I absolutely have to get out there today and fill them or there will be pounding on the door. Heaven forbid they would have to eat like normal birds and look for food elsewhere. Obviously from the number of birds I have out there this morning, they aren't havig too hard of a time; but I do need to take care of them. II haven't had my blue bird back since that one day. That is disappointing. Nor, have I had the pilated woodpecker back for some time. But the gold finches are slowly returning and their color has begun to turn slightly. This morning I have an abundance of starlings and they are making a racket and fussing and fighting with one another.

I need to get my hair cut today. I had my last trim down in North Carolina about five or six weeks ago. That waas done at the military barber so it was pretty short. But it is time to go back. I'm getting a little shaggy around the collar. I also need to trim up my beard. I think it is getting too long and I don't really know how to take care of it. I've never had one before. Ms. Kate seems OK with it so far as long as I keep it within reason. And --- I don't want to sacrifice kisses for a beard. LOL

Tomorrow I may be late in blogging. Ms. Kate has a doctor's appointment in the morning and then I think we plan to go geocaching for several hours. In case I don't get to you, I hope you have a great rest of today and an even better tomorrow. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment