Monday, February 20, 2017

February 20th, President's Day. I remember celebrating President's Day as a school-kid. In the earliest grades we made stove top hats to look like Abe Lincoln or we would hear the myth about George Washington chopping down the cherry tree and being "unable to tell a lie" he admitted it right away to his father. In later grades were were supposed to learn and recite the Gettysburg Address. I never did learn it. Politicians and presidents have slid a long way away from that set of morals. I know I'm terribly cynical and judgmental about politicians but I figure if their lips are moving they are lying to us about something. But then --- the same could be said about a lot of professions. 

The bluebird is back for the third day in a row! I wish it would go explore my bluebird house that is hanging on the tree out there. It's a rent free facility, all cleaned and ready. Perhaps it is only migrating through but I would love to have a pair here. But I'll be happy with what I get and consider it a blessing. I also have a hawk that has been hanging around. It went swooping through the yard again yesterday. I'd really like it if it would put starling on it diet. 

We had a good weekend. We didn't do much beyond visit with Jim when he came over to show us his new truck. It is a nice one. It has very high mileage on it but it was a fleet vehicle and he has all of the maintenance records that show it was regularly maintained and taken care of. I hope it gives him good service. 

Our church search took us to the south side of Evansville to Christ, United Church of Christ. The pastor there is a friend of mine and held a good service. This coming weekend, if we are in town, we'll probably go to church at St. Paul's United Church of Christ on the west side of town. It will be our 51st wedding anniversary and we were married in that church. I think it would be neat to go worship there. Actually, we've been trying to think of somewhere "special" to go to celebrate but haven't come up with anything imaginative or exciting. As I said in a post on Facebook, when we have to combine "been there done that" with unknown end of February weather, --- it get a little limiting. Ms. Kate and I go and do thing at the drop of a hat so day trip are getting harder to not be repetitive. 

The squirrels are up in the trees raising sand about something I think it is because several blackbirds and redwing blackbirds have flown into the backyard and taken over the feeders. Some days it is a regular three ring circus out there and I love every minute of it. 

My cup is empty so I might as well sign off, go fill it, and get busy doing something. I pray you will have a joyous week. I pray God will lift you up and shower you with blessings and love. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment