Friday, February 24, 2017

The Bluebird is back this morning first thing. What a great way to start off my morning. It didn't stay long and i showed no inclination towards my bluebird house but it was still a blessing and a joy too watch it. So, thank you Lord for the extra helping of blessing this morning.

It is already sixty nine degrees this morning aand heading to around seventy three. I have the sunporch opened up and am letting some breeze air the place out. I've closed the sliding glass door to the family room so Ms. Kate doesn't get cold. There are some stiff gusts of wind coming through and a steady 10 mph wind keeps the Corinthian chimes singing. As nice as it is, the winds are slowly carrying in a severe storm for this evening. That will usher in some actual February like weather again instead of this May like stuff we are getting now. Make no mistake -- I think we all like this warm weather but it just is too early for this kind of weather. So, let's have a bit more of winter and then press on to things like gardening. But --- in the meanwhile I'm just enjoying my coffee, a little Andre' Reiu music, and watching my guests at the buffet. Peace in your soul is so easy to attain if you just open yourself up to it.

I have been disappointed so far in that I still don't see birds using my two new feeders. It will really be disappointing if they don't use them at all. I spent close to $100.00 for these two. I know that sounds extravagant and I guess it is, but they have life time warranties n them. But --- that doesn't guarantee the birds will use them.

Ms. Kate and I need to go do a little shopping and running around this morning befoore the storm rolls in. Fresh Market has steaks on sale and I think we'd like to do a couple on the grill. I also want to pick up some pork steaks to grill this weekend. And while we are out we need to go pick up the last of the paperwork we need to get started on doing our taxes. Yuk!!! It is the annual ritual we all must go through but I hate it. I always feel like we don't have a clue as to what we are doing. The good thing is that this is the last year that we will have to worry with me being self-employed and the tax headaches connected with that. We've almost always done our taxes ourselves. A couple of years we had Lisa help us and that was great. We've only once gone to a tax preparer like H&R Block and that was when we were first married and I was a young Airman, making next to nothing. Not only did we end up having to pay extra taxes, but it was $125.00 to have them done.  In 1967, as a young Airman --- $125.00 was a months take home salary for me. That's been fifty years and we've never done that again.

I think I will just sit here for a few more minutes, finish my coffee and listen t the rest of this CD. Then it will be time to get off my tail end and get busy. Have a most blessed weekend and enjoy the world that God has prvided for us. Peace and prayers are sent your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment