Friday, February 3, 2017

My day is almost gone and instead of writing this blog at 0800 it is now 2230. I started to write two or three time this morning but got interrupted. I had one started and had about a half page done when I hit a wrong key or something and my blog went off into cyberspace never to be found again.

The fellow came to fix Ms. Kate's fireplace this morning and it was the typical what I call "mechanic's luck". You know, the car won't run until the mechanic tries it and then it starts right up. Well that is exactly what happened this morning with the fireplace. The repairman opened up the fireplace screen and held a lighter up to the pilot light and it lit right away. In all fairness to me , who stood there and felt like an idiot, he did say it needed cleaning and did work on it and increase the flow of gas to the unit. Although he may well have done that just to make me feel less stupid. But --- he also brought out the new fireplace logs and set all of that in place too. Ms. Kate has had it going ever since and it does look nice and warms the room nicely for her. We also have a new fireplace screen coming in about six weeks.

I had a bluebird here this morning at the feeder. There was only one and I hope that another one comes. I made sure I put the bluebird house back up and cleaned it out.

Ms. Kate made a pot of chili today and she also made a huge pot of veggie soup. They are both delicious of course. No body makes better soup than she does. Her mom made good veggie soup too but Kate's is better.

That is enough for tonight. I'll write again in a few hours. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment