Tuesday, February 21, 2017

58 degrees and cloudy this morning. The first thing I did this morning was to refill the bark butter feeders. Between the black birds, starlings, mockingbirds, and the wood peckers, all three of the feeders had been pretty well cleaned out. And --- rue to form, the first thing to get to them this morning was the starlings, followed by the black birds. I actually wanted to fill them first thing just in case the Pilated Woodpecker came by today. I heard it in the area but haven't seen it yet.

It is supposed to rain today and tomorrow; -- nothing earth shattering but showers at least. I spent some time yesterday afternoon raking off the dead stuff from the lilies and other collected winter stuff in the iris in three of the front flowerbeds. I filled most of my garbage can with it. I have a little more to do and I might try to get out there their morning yet and finish that up. The work never ends if you want flowers. It will be time to put fresh mulch on soon. Then I'll need to put on the grub killer, get the garden tilled, rake up another area out by the south fence. And, --- I still need to trim back the black raspberries and cut out all of the dead stuff out of them. I guess it is a good thing I retired so I have time to get all of this done.

There are six squirrels out here this morning running, chasing, fussing and fighting one another. I can usually count on there being two of them but today must be a special occasion or maybe it is a turf war. Who knows what goes on in the mini-minds of those critters. So far they are only fussing over one feeder and that feeder is one I designate to them, so it's all good.

I told you the other day about my plants here in the sunporch that have the vine tendrils on them and how they seem to seek out things to wrap themselves on. The one, (my star jasmine) has a tendril on it that I said was heading to the handle on a door about three or four feet from the plant and I wondered if it would make it. Well, it actually changed directions a little and has now latched on to the handle of a lamp. I find that absolutely facinating. The how and why of God's creation will send you into a a brain tizzy if you concentrate on it. How and why did that tendril change direction and go to something a litle closer? It isn't like it "knew" to do it.

The robin has had its bath this morning and just splashed a bunch of the water out of the bird bath. I'll need to go put more water in there. Hopefully it didn't poop in the birdbath so I won't have to clean it out. The blackbirds are bad about that. And the blackbird like to bring stuff to deposit in the birdbath as though the water was too clean or something. They will drop pebbles, or little twigs, or dirt in there. Why? -- Who knows? Again --- God's universe amazes me.

Well, I got the Tuesday started so I might as well do something with it. I hope you have a great day. Know that once again you have been thought about and prayed for. I trust you'll pray for me too. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment