Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. Well, that is what we spent the day doing yesterday. Yep. We got the taxes all filed and according to Turbo tax they have been accepted for Federal and for Indiana. We had to snail mail the Illinois taxes, but they too are on their way. I hate doing the taxes I guess mainly because I'm never sure I'm doing them right even though Turbo Tax walks us through the process. But, we wanted to get the done and off of our minds.

My writing is going to be a bit sporadic once again. Ms. Kate and I are going to go wild and just up and take a trip to Florida. We may start out yet today; it just depends on when we get our stuff around here done and it also depends on the weather. There is a lot of rain coming up from the southwest but I think we'd like to get started and maybe get below Nashville yet today. Our plans take us to St. Augustine, then to Melbourne for four days, then Vero Beach for three days and the I reckon we'll be ready to head back home. This is our anniversary present to ourselves. We think a week with our toes in the sand sound like a great thing to do. Ms. Kate has never been to that part of Florida and I haven't been since I was maybe nine years old. This is what retirement is all about. I think working and retiring from two careers probably has given me enough "life points" that we can now relax and concentrate on just being us. Fifty one years of being where we had to be, doing what we had to do, raising a family have paved the way to a life where Ms. Kate and I can kick back and enjoy ourselves.

So, we need to finish putting stuff in a suitcase, run to the bank, check the weather apps one more time or two and I think we'll go get pedicures before we go. It gets harder to trim my toenails as I get older, (and yes, fatter). And, it is important to keep your feet in good order. So, every four to six weeks we go have our pedicures.

The grass I planted a few weeks ago is coming through the straw quite nicely. All it took was to start getting some rain on it. I have a lot of visitors out here this morning regardless of the rain. My main visitors today are the wrens and the cardinals which just makes me happy.

So, until I have a chance to sit and write again, I hope your days are blessed. Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment