Saturday, February 25, 2017

From a record high of 79 yesterday to a wind chill of 27 this morning; quite a change. But --- fortunately we lucked out and missed the rather severe storm that were predicted; so life is just fine on this windy Saturday morning. The bluebird is back again this morning so despite the clouds, the day has been made brighter. I've had the trifecta this morning; Bluebird, Goldfinch, and Cardinal. It is hard to ask for anything better than that. God has already showered me with blessings. I guess if I want to be greedy and press on God's glorious nature, I'd ask that the Pilated Woodpecker come fly in and have breakfast at the backyard buffet.

The house really smells good this morniing. Ms. Kate put a bunch of chicken in the crockpot last night and let it cook all night. She is making broth and cooking chicken to cut up for the upcoming Chicken Pie bake at St. Lucas that we are doing on the 18th of March. The ladies all cook up their chicken etc ahead of time and and all of the ingredients. Then they take orders for the pies and everybody comes and helps make them. It is how the Women's Guild makes their money to do stuff for the church. They make about $2500.00 everytime they do this. I'm not crazy about the chicken pies because they don't put any vegetables in them and I think they are dry. But, one can always cook up veggies to go with them.

I cut my first asparagus yesterday afternoon.It was only one piece but that means more will be coming soon. I'm glad that I put that sawdust on it though. With this sudden cold snap it will keep it from freezing. I also went around the yard and cut Ms. Kate a bouquet of daffodils since it was supposed to go below freezing last night. Better to cut them and bring them in than to let them get frost bit and be ugly. I need to get out in the yard and pick up some downed branches today though.

Ithink I'll go fix a couple of Toaster Struedals for my breakfast. Then it is time to get dressed and get my day going. I hope you are having a wonderful day and are feeling the full force of God's grace. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment