Saturday, February 4, 2017

24 degrees this morning; coldest night of the year so far, so the weather guy said. But then, the year is only thirty five days old. The sun is shining brightly and I have a lot of guests here at the buffet this morning, although I need to fill several feeders today. I think that can wait until it gets a tad warmer. There is food for every kind of bird (and squirrel) out there so I'm not rushing out there. I do need to fill the electric bird bath because it is getting low. The other birdbath is frozen over, and of course that is the one they keep going to. That is also the one they really like to bathe in. I normally turn it over and empty it during the winter but it has beeen a warm winter so I left it. By Sunday  or Monday we have another warm up o the way --- then the temperature is supposed to plunge again. I have no doubt that global warming is a real thing. I don't know that we can do anything about it, but I think it is real.

I'm hoping that bluebird comes back today and brings a friend. It would be really neat if they moved into my bluebird house and nested. They are beautiful birds, although I have also read somewhere that they are also fairly aggressive birds to the other kinds. I doubt they are any worse than the starlings that peck and fuss at everything. After all --- the bluebirds sing to Snow White and Cinderella.

I think we are going to go back to Crossroads Christian Church tomorrow for worship. They are doing a sermon series that sounds interesting. I need to read the text for tomorrow and get a heads up on what they will be talking about. I know the scripture will be 1st Corinthians, chapter four, and I've used it in my own sermons, I just need to re familiarize myself with it. As I said last week, I'm not crazy about their style of worship at that church and wouldn't "join it", but it is a place to go. It was amazing though how good it felt to be back at St. Lucas this week for their Cantata practice. I think it was the sense of belonging that I felt that made it so good. When we are visiting other churches and denominations, we just don't have that.

We keep getting told that we are going to have rain in our forecasts. I put down grass seed a couple of weeks ago and covered it with straw and it hasn't rained since. This coming Tuesday we are allegedly going to get a lot of rain so we'll see what happens. I just want the stuff to take root. My spring flowers are up in every flower bed now.

Time to refill the coffee cup and check on Ms. Kate. I hope you have an excellent weekend. Get some relaxation and take time to give God praise and glory. Thank God for the gift of Jesus Christ and the resurrection. It was all done just for you. Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment