Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Good morning on this cold windy morning, the day after Valentine's Day. Is your Valentine of yesterday still your Valentine today?? And --- have you acknowledged that fact yet today?

So, as I told you, Ms. Kate and I went geocaching yesterday. After I logged in all of our "finds" and our two "did not finds", I pulled up another area that we had worked in last week, and I printed out I think maybe another thirty caches for us to go looking for. Our plan is to try to go after those yet this week; but --- if it doesn't happen this week --- that's alright too. Time is our ally these days.

I have a lot of guests this owning at the buffet and the feeders are dreadfully empty. More correctly, I should say the "favorite" feeders are empty. There is more than enough suet and seed cakes and sunflower seed out there, But the feeders right up here next to the house that hold bark butter and sunflower seeds are depleted. I'll throw on my jacket and go fill them after I finish my coffee and writing my blog. Looks like I need to clean the bird baths again too. These guys sure make a mess in them. The cardinal has been sitting in the water out there, bathing and drinking. Yuk. I assume it doesn't bother them; afterall, they drink out of mud puddles and all manner of other places.

My daffodils are all up but have no buds on them yet. I saw on Facebook yesterday that a local friend of mine has crocuses blooming already and my sister in law has daffodils blooming. I keep waiting for the "winter shoe to drop" and dump some extremely cold weather and snow on us but it hasn't happened and isn't in the forecast for the next seven days either. Our high today is mid forties and that is about normal. But -- the temps are going up the rest of the week as high as low seventies. It feels wonderful --- but it isn't normal.

The wrens are raising a fuss out there and I see a strange cat is coming through the yard. The neighbor at the "two-o'clock" position from my house has three cats and I suspect it belongs one there. It also has it's belly hanging a little low so I think it may be pregnant. I has looked around at the feeders and has obviously decided there will be no birds for breakfast here because it is slowly walking off. When that wren started fussing, everything, including the squirrels took to the high ground.

The wind isn't letting up and my coffee is gone so I guess I'll get my gloves and coat and go take care of the critters. God puts them here for my enjoyment and the least I can do is take care of them. We never know what role God has for us each moment of the day. Sometimes it is preaching the gospel --- and sometimes it is cleaning the poop out of the bird bath. Have a most wonderful Wednesday. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment