Friday, February 10, 2017

Blue skies, sunshine, and 36 degrees greet me this morning. What a wonderful sight. Add to that a dozen cardinals, at least four downy woodpeckers, another dozen junkos, finches, a couple of goldfinches, and a squirrel or two and I have a backyard full of guests to enjoy. So I just say, "Thank you Lord" for a morning full of blessings.

It appears at least most of my daffodils are coming up . I need to walk out to the north side of the yard and see if those I replanted a couple of years ago are coming up. They didn't do much last year but I attributed that to "first year"  planting. Whether or not that is true, I have no idea. But we'll see how they do this year. Of course I'm anxious to see if my grass seed is going to germinate too. There are several things that I want to do out back here in the yard but I'm not sure what. One of our biggest problems out here is roots. These two poplar trees undermine much of the soil and most everywhere I dig, I run into roots. My other problem is I'm not sure where my cable runs from the box over to my house. I know I need to take out a huge azealia bush that died a couple of years ago. I think it just got crowded out for lack of sunshine or maybe it was just old, I don't know. It was here when we bought the place sixteen years ago. At that time my firebushes were only about four feet tall. Now they are 15 - 20 feet tall and serve as a windbreak and privacy fence when their foliage is fully on. Before I start any of that though, I still need to go out front to those two huge knockout roses and trim them way back. So much to do.

But today is "mushroom day". We're meeting Bod and Georgia Ann out at St. Joe Inn & Tavern for lunch and fried mushrooms. And, since Brenda is joining us today. We may have to invest in a whole pitcher of Amber Bach. LOL

Y'all know I love to listen to my southern gospel music; with the Gaithers in particular. I picked up on another one of the groups that make up the Gaither Homecoming Friends. They are a trio called The Talley Trio. Their trio sings some really rocking southern gospel music and their daughter, Lauren, has put out several songs and albums that I like. I bought one of them yesterday along with Reba's new Christian album and have been listening to them this morning. It is good accompaniment to my morning reflection time. Gospel music and Max Lucado devotions are a perfect way to start my day. But, the album is done and I need to "remove butt from recliner" and get on with my day. As I do, I lift up my prayers this morning for loved ones and for people around this country trying to dig themselves out from under the rubble of tornadoes and snow blizzards from this weeks weather. I think sometimes we forget that the suffering form those things lasts a lot longer than the news report.

Have a blessed day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment