Monday, April 30, 2018

I started my day off with a joy this morning. I had a parishioner going in for some surgery this morning at 0800 so I went out and sat with the family and waited and then said a prayer with them as they were getting ready to take him back. This is a repeat of a surgery that he had before so we pray it will go well this time for him. I talked to his wife a few minutes ago and the surgery went fairly routine but it is too early to determine success or not.  But, meeting with parishioners and saying a prayer with them is a good way to start any day.

Ms. Kate still isn’t doing well and we have an appointment to see the doctor again at 1315 today. Her cough is lighter most of the time but is still persistent as heck. She is really sore by now through her ribs and back from all of the strain. We were able to get her an appointment again this afternoon and the Nurse Practiioner gave her an antibiotic injection. Hopefully this will do the trick.

It is a beautiful day again. It’s 1500 hours and the temperature is seventy two degrees and the wind is still. Very pleasant indeed. We have been blessed with a nice weekend too and I got a lot accomplished. Saturday afternoon, young Nick came over and we spread another twenty bags of mulch. Then I went and bought yet another twenty bags that is sitting in the truck bed at the moment. Hopefully one of these afternoons he won’t be covered up with homework and we can get this spread too. The kid is a really good worker.

My afternoon round of buffet guests are here. Wrens, cardinals, woodpeckers, finches, sparrows and titmouse are all coming and going with regularity. My experiment with the peanut butter seems to be working. They don’t eat it quite as fast as they did the barkbutter but they are eating it. I wonder, maybe they might like it better if I mixed in a little corn meal or some ground corn. It’s a thought.

Well, it is after 1500 hours, I’m in my recliner and I think I see a nap rapidly approaching. I think I’ll just close my eyes and watch it come by. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment