Thursday, April 19, 2018

Hello on this Thursday morning. It is a crisp and breezy thirty-eight degree morning. Actually it is more than breezy, it is down-right windy and has been now for a couple of days. We have a frost advisory in effect until 0900 this morning, and we have another frost advisory in effect for tonight. At least it isn’t snowing here like it is up in Wisconsin. They are expecting another eight inches. This winter just will not quit.

But, yesterday was an absolutely perfect day weather-wise. And —- I took advantage of it which is why you didn’t hear from me. It got to almost eighty degrees yesterday. I had office hours yesterday morning of course but then Ms. Kate and I went out to lunch and to the grocery store. Then yesterday afternoon my young neighbor came over and helped me get the twenty-one bags of mulch spread on the front flower beds. Now I need to go to Lowes and see how much they are selling their mulch for. I can easily use another 21 bags and maybe even more than that. I’m hoping they still have it on sale. The kid is a good helper and I have already given him another job that I want him to do. I told him he can work independently on it and keep track of his hours and I’ll pay him. I want him to rake all of the leaves out from an area that I have trouble getting into. He knows to take it over and put the leaves into my compost pile. We’ll see how that works out. By my calculations, it shouldn’t take more than a couple of hours for him to do that job.

I see I have a feeder down this morning. I don’t know if it was the wind or they raccoons or birds. I also have some small limbs down so it could have been the wind. Regardless, the feeder is empty which means I have feeders to fill again today. Since it is supposed to get up into the lower fifties today, that job can wait until a little later this morning. I also have to carry all of the plants that we bought out on the patio and water them. I don’t want water all over my sunporch floor. I’ll let them drain and then I guess I’ll bring them back in so they don’t get frost bit tonight.

The daffodils are done blooming now and the tulips are looking beautiful. That new bed of tulips that I planted really came out nicely. Ms. Kate has ordered some more that will be delivered this fall in time for planting. Now the azealias are staring to bloom too. I love these transition periods in the spring. However, another job on my list is to get the knockout roses trimmed back and the other roses too. There is never a lack of things to do it seems.

Speaking of things to do it is time to wrap this up and get on to doing other things. It’s been nice talking to you this morning. I hope your day will be wonderful and filled with the love that comes from God. Until next time; — peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment