Saturday, April 21, 2018

It is Coffee and Cardinals time once again at the Back yard Buffet. The wind is picking up right now and the Corinthian chimes are doing their job quite well. My feeders are full and the birds have been enjoying them for the last hour. But now, I see the squirrels are heading this way through the tree branches. It won’t be long before the leaves will be thick enough that I won’t be able to see them over in the neighbor’s trees. The trees are all leafing out quite well now. That will work really well for the cardinals. They like to habitat where there is easy cover fro them to hide in. My Fire Bushes provide just the right stuff for them.

I’m trying something new with my birds. I’ve told you the saga of not being able to get my Barkl Butter with paying an exorbitant price for it through the internet. Yesterday I used the very last of it. So I had two feeders left with nothing in them and I bought some JIF extra crunchy peanut butter and have put that in the holes of these feeders. I’m hoping it will work. The main ingredient for the bark butter was peanut butter so let’s see what happens. he worst that can happen is that they don’t eat it and I’ll have a mess to clean up from those feeders. It is worth the try. And, if they really like it —- it is a lot cheaper than what I was using.

Yesterday afternoon my young neighbor came over to to do the job I had for him of raking up all of the leaves and stuff on the air south side of the back yard. I have a really hard time getting that area because of low branches etc. He did in an hour what it would have taken me most of the afternoon to do. He’s an eager kid and so very polite. I’m hoping he stays interested because I have several projects he could help me with. It was nice to see that area all cleaned up this morning.

We have a new lawn center opening up this morning and I need to go see what they are going to be carrying. It would be great if they are going to carry mulch. I need at least two cubic yards yet. So, I’m going to drop over there this morning. The neat thing is that it is only about five miles from here.

Time to go take advantage of this beautiful day. I pray your day will be blessed and full of God’s goodness. Don’t forget to share it when you receive it. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment