Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Deceptively beautiful is what I would call this morning. The sun is shining beautifully, It is sixty three degrees, the birds are singing, the flowers are blooming; — it all looks great. However, off to the west there are dark clouds approaching and the wind gusts are getting a little stronger as the morning goes on. The weather dude says that severe storms are on the way and looking at the radar it looks like he is right. The entire midwest from Dallas to Michigan is in for an afternoon and evening of it. Rain, storms, lightening, tornadoes, and fifty mile an hour wind gusts are all in the play book for this one. My prayer this morning then is that there are no injuries or deaths from it.

Ms. Kate and I had a great day yesterday. We did go to Louisville as I told you yesterday in my blog. I took her to PF Chang’s for a late lunch/early dinner. The food was excellent as always and not only that, Julies surprised us with an e-card gift certificate which cover3d the cost of the meal. We went over to retake her something that she needed for her business trip this weekend so she bought us the certificate. And it worked out for too because our order was huge and we had enough left over to take her dinner too; — triple win all around.

I have a real squirrel battle going on in the back yard this morning. I have seen squirrels chase one another around this yard forever but this morning they were making actual physical contact viciously fighting, rolling around on the ground clawing and biting. And these two have chased one another around the trees and the yards and back and forth all morning. I don’t know what it is all about but it is interesting to watch. Of course, I don’t really know one from the other so I won’t know who won. But the chase continues as I write. The other squirrels are paying no attention to them so it must not be a family issue. I have seen groups of them gang up and chase another squirrel out of the yard.

This evening I have a Music and worship committee meeting at the church, assuming we don’t get blown away by the storms. This will be the first one of these that I have been too. We didn’t have a committee like that at my last parish so it will be interesting to see what they do. I know they have had this committee for as long as I can remember but I was never involved with it.

Tomorrow I may be doing my blog from the hospital waiting room. We have a parishioner having a knee replaced tomorrow and I’ll be sitting with the family. I’m so glad he is finally able to have it done because he can hardly stand, let alone walk. So, I would ask you to offer a prayer fro him. You don’t need to now his name, God already does. You know, I marvel at the skills that God has allowed man to learn and do to keep us humans going. Hearts replacements are a routine matter any more. I remember the first one being done. Ms. Kate has had w double by-pass surgery, and a knee replaced. How marvelous is that. I just give all praise to God because while it is human hands that perform these miracle surgeries, it is God that guides those hands and permits the healing. There is no way, in my opinion, that man could have the knowledge to do these things with out the intervention of God.

That’s it for today. I think I will fix myself a bagel and cream cheese breakfast and then head downstairs t my office. I pray you will have a good day and will not be affected by the storms; and if you are —- I pray you will be safe. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment