Thursday, April 26, 2018

I think it may have rained again last night. When I finally went to bed, my Accuweather app said that rain woud be starting in 61 minutes. I never heard it if it did. When I goto bed I’m usually sleeping within about three to five minutes. But, it was cloudy when I walked out here with my coffee cup this morning and the sidewalk appear to be recently dried, if you know what I mean. I’m waiting fo thr sun to pop through the clouds and brighten up this day. It is supposed to go to sixty-six today which while not overly warm, will be comfortable enough if I decide to do some yard work today.

Ms. Kate still is not doing any better. She coughed most of the night. I know she is miserable and the over the counter medicines she is using seems to be doing her no good. But, I have bugged her and bugged her about calling her doctor and she doesn’t do it so I’ll just let her decide how much longer she wants to be miserable; danged stubborn little German. She’s just like her mom and her sister.

My azealia bushes on my west fence are blooming beautifully now. I walked around the yard yesterday and saw that the peonies are all getting buds on them too. I’m also looking at my two neighbors Maple trees and I can see that the “helicopters” are going to start flying really soon and they are loaded with them. It’s just somethng else to add to the list of things to clean up out of the yard or they will take root. I don’t need a million maple trees taking root in my yard and flowerbeds. I’m still fighting the occasional Black Gum tree that sprouts up in the flowerbed. My neighbor and I got rid of our Gum tres years ago, but those gum balls still show up once in a while. I think ,ost everyone in he neighborhood has gotten rid of their Gum trees because they are a mess to fool with. I have a Tulip Poplar that sprouted up in a flowerbed maybe four years ago and I transplanted it out in my front yard to provide some future sun shade in the morning. It is doing really well. We call it “Harley” because Julie buried her dog Harley’s ashes at the base of the tree.

It is Thursday and I think I’m going to go to Lowes or Home Depot and get mulch today and a couple of bags of potting soil. Maybe I can get some of the flowers planted in their respective pots today. Tat sounds like a good chore for the day. I also need to mow my back yard. I’ll set my blade at it’s highest setting. I just need to trim off the tops of the grass that is showing up through the straw. It is really looking shaggy out there.

So, that is my plans for the day. Some will get done and others will wait for tomorrow. All of this of course will wait until after coffee and meditation time. I hope you have good things planned for your day too. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment