Friday, April 6, 2018

I'm running late today and just stopping in to say "Hello" and "Happy Beautiful Morning". I went out to the mail box around 0730 and it was already forty five degrees and felt even warmer than that.  I texted my neighbor, Dan, and told him he was invited over for "Coffee & Cardinals" this morning. Ms. Kate had agreed that if he was going to come over, she would make us some breakfast rolls to go with our coffee. It took him about only five minutes to be at the sun porch door. We sat and solved all of the world's problems, had a pot of coffee and watched all of the guests at the backyard buffet. Finally, his wife texted him and told him that if he wanted lunch, he better be heading back across the street. So off he went. About three minutes later here he was at the front door holding two plates of fried rice that his wife had made, one for me and one for Ms. Kate. It is so great to have great neighbors and better than that, to have someone that I would call "my best friend". Beyond Ms. Kate, I've never had that. Oh, I've had a lot of close friends that come and go and have known for years. But Dan and I have become fast friends since the day we moved in to this neighborhood seventeen years ago.

I filled the feeders yesterday and went and bought a re-supply of stuff. The only thing I can't seem to find is the stuff called "Bark Butter. I've seen some "like products" so we'll have to see how it goes for trying it out.

We were under a winter weather advisory and watch for tonight but all of that has been dialed way back now. We might get a dusting to half an inch but it will all be gone by tomorrow afternoon. Everybody is so ready for spring to get here and stay here. Even the people that like winter and snow are ready for this weather to change. 

Okay, I need to get on with doing my work. I have a sermon to finish and a worship service to prepare. I probably should have done it this morning but I dedicated this morning to just relaxing and visiting with my buddy. Don't worry, I'll get it all done. I may not write tomorrow because Ms. Kate and I are going up to St. Lucas church in Ft. Branch, (my former parish) and help those folks with their chicken pie making. So, oif I don't get to you tomorrow, I pray you will have a most blessed weekend full of God's blessings and love. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment