Monday, April 23, 2018

Grey is the color of the day as we start another week. It has rained a light rain most of the night and I think it is supposed to rain on and off most of the night. I woke up around 0130 for a necessary run and went out to the sun porch. There in the pussy willow tree was Randy Raccoon having a nocturnal snack at my expense. I opened the door and explained that the restaurant was closed and that he should probably move on. So, --- it went waddling away, looking back over its shoulders to make sure I was still there and was serious. Of course, it probably waited in the bushes until I left and came back and finished his meal.

We had a great Saturday and the Sunday wasn't bad either for weather. Now we are looking at another week of below normal temperatures and rain chances every day this week except Thursday. I would think that if we keep having these cool days, the definition of "normal temperatures" is going to change. The good thing though is that it seems like just maybe we are getting past the chance of hard freeze. I moved the potted plants that we have bought out to the patio. This light rain will be perfect for them and it will also be perfect for my newly planted grass. I think the new grass may be coming up but I'm not sure. I know what little grass was left in my yard is certainly coming through the straw.

Ms. Kate and I went to yet another nursery on Saturday and she bought some more plants. I just need to get a couple of bags of potting soil so we can fill some of the large pots that I have and make living bouquets for the patio. I know they are going to look really nice. I think I could also go ahead and plant some of the things in the ground by now because the ground should be warm enough. One of the plants is a "tree peony". Hopefully this time it will live. I bought one once before and it died. I don't know but maybe I didn't do something right in the planting. She also bought some petunias which I love. The first year we lived in this house we planted some "wave petunias" and they were fabulous. They spread all over the flower bed and we had a lot of compliments on them. But since then we have not had a great amount of luck with them. But --- as soon as the rain appears to be over I guess we'll get out and do some more yard and flowerbed work. Got to keep the place looking good.

We had a great attendance at church yesterday, (75). Our attendance has steadily gone up by twos and threes. That is always great to see. And we are picking up new members every now and then. So, we press on doing God's work and sharing God's word, and let God give the push that they me need to become active members. I'm just blessed to be a small part of any of it.

I hope your day is going to be brighter than the weather outside my window. If it is cloudy outside, take time and give thanks to the Lord for your blessings. That should brighten up your life on the inside. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment