Wednesday, April 25, 2018

It’s a new day and a new color! Today’s color is “Bright”. Bright sunshine. Bright blue, and bright colors on my cardinals and goldfinches. What a pleasant way to start my day. I haven’t checked the temperature yet this morning but I’m guessing it to be around forty five out there, perhaps even fifty.

I’m up early this morning because I wanted to write before I head out to the office. It is Wednesday so that means staff meeting. Pastor Art is back from Alabama. He was attending a memorial service for his brother-in-law. Our meeting only takes about an hour at the most. Then I’ll drop by a nursing home and do a visitation with Don Sander for a few minutes. Next week I want to do a full round of visitations and take communion to some folks. Those are generally pretty good experiences.

Ms. Kate says she is feeling better and she seems to be resting better from her cold. It just takes her longer to get over stuff than it does me. She can’t penicillin or penicillin related drugs so that slows down recovery. When I get a bad one, I can go to the doctor and he gives me a shot and I’m back to normal in a day. Unfortunately Ms. Kate does not have that luxury.

I filled my bird feeders again yesterday afternoon. I hadn’t even finished and the cardinals were on the feeders. This morning I have several cardinals again and of course a starling or two. So far the squirrels haven’t come down to eat. They will be here by 0830 though. With the rain we have had, I don’t have to fill the bird baths. I wish you could see the red on this red-headed woodpecker as it glistens in the sun. It is beautiful. I have a new Facebook friend who is a “bird photographer” and she put some award winning pictures of birds on the web every day. She is a cousin to Pastor Art and he hooked us up because he knows how I like my birds. Yesterday she had some pictures of Tanagers and some Indigo Buntings that she took. They were spectacular. She is a professional “birder” giving the Latin names for them and everything. I’m just a guy who likes to sit in my recliner and watch them and am willing to pay the cost of the food to get them here. I never sit out here in the sunporch without thinking about my mother-in-law. She loved her birds like I do and she would have loved to have been able to sit out here and watch them. In fact, it is thanks to her that I have this sun porch. We used the money that we received from her estate to build it on to the house, and built it with her in mind.

Myexperiment of putting out peanut butter on the Bark butter paste feeders had kind of worked. The birds have cleaned out some of those feeders but they aren’t crazy about it. The bad part is that I really can’t continue to do it if the temperature gets too warm because it will just melt out and drip off. So, I’m still looking for solutions.

Time to shower and shave and get serious about going to the office. I pray your day will be bright and sunny and full of love and laughter. Look around you today and find something to laugh about. It is great for the soul and it is great for your mental health. Far too many people are walking around today looking for somethng to fight about and grump about. Think pleasant thoughts and count your blessings. Give thanks for friends, and love, and know that I have said a prayer for you today. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment