Saturday, April 28, 2018

We’ll call it a sunny Saturday. We have a carbon copy of yesterday in the works and I intend to make use of it. Yesterday was a highly productive day. I got my haircut. I went to Lowes and picked up twenty bags of mulch and four bags of potting soil. I got some weed eating done, I put together four patio flower pot arrangements and planted two new butterfly bushes, a tree peony and  another peony and a lily in the flowerbed. In a few minutes young ick from next door is coming over and we are going to spread the mulch that I bought yesterday. Depending on how that goes, I may go to Lowes and pick up another twenty bags of mulch if we still need it.

Ms. Kate had a really bad night last night. Yesterday morning she was doing well with the new antibiotic and cough suppressant pills but then got steadily worse as the day wore on. Neither of us got much sleep last night; her because of having to cough and me because of hearing her cough. I know I could have gone into another room and slept but that would have been like deserting her in her hour of need; although, there was nothing I could do for her. She is resting on the couch at the moment and seems to be actually getting some rest.

Julie and the pups will be here before too long. I don’t know what she is bringing over but she says she is bringing over our Mother’s Day and Father’s Day present and that we are not to make any plans for Tuesday. I suspect it must be tickets for something but I would have no idea what.

I need to fill feeders again today. It seems like that is an every day job but I guess it isn’t quite that frequent. I also think I can start taking out some of my planters that are here in the sunporch. Maybe when Nick comes over I’ll have hime hel;p me do that. They are heavy planters and he’s in a lot better shape than I am.

Time to quit and get ready for Nock to come over. I need to line up my tools. I hope you have an excellent weekend and I hope your plans include a stop at your local house of worship. God has provided us all aweek of blessings and we should at least take an hour out of our week and spend time in worship. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment