Tuesday, April 24, 2018

The color of the day has not changed from yesterday. It has rained again on and off for most of the night and most of this morning. It hasn’t been a hard rain so maybe we have gotten an inch or an inch and a half over the last thirty six hours. But, it is now 12:30 pm and the sky appears to clearing jusst a bit. It has been “perfect rain” for my potted plants that I set outside to get watered. Although I did have to move a couple of them because it wasn’t raining hard enough to reach them.

I have a lot of cardinal here at the moment, maybe a dozen, and they are having a good lunch, as is the red-headed woodpecker that is on the suet feeder. With the exception of a starling and a robin, that is about it for now. There will be a lot more varieties coming in shortly; the noon to one timeframe is when they come in. Then it will thin out until around 1600 hours and they will all start coming in for supper.

I just checked the garden and the lettuce is really coming up now. I don’t see any beets coming up yet. I’m not sure what their germination period is. Here inside the sun porch the Biltmore Ballgown tree has at least five new blooms on it. That thing has bloomed constantly since last fall when we brought it in the house. And my geraniums are still blooming. I’ve never seen geraniums bloom constantly year around, but these have bloomed that way now for years. I think in another month it will be time to move all of these pots back outside for the summer. It’s a cycle I know, but it makes Ms. Kate happy.

Speaking of which, she has been suffering with a terrible cough and congestion “thing” now for almost four days. She treating it with OTC stuff and I’m trying to get her to go to see DoctorJackson; but so I far —- she’s going to do it her little German stubborn way. It may be a spring cold or sinus spring crud but I worry about her. We have been very fortunate this winter not have come down with anything like this. So, say a prayer for her. I know she feels like she has to go to the doctor for so many things that she doesn’t want to go in for something else. And, I have to admit, that I avoid doctor’s as long as I can too.

I got a start on my Mother’s Day stuff last night. I have the worship service prepared but have yet to decide what to do my sermon on. It isn’t that I don’t think there are good things to say about motherhood and it’s relationship to God; it is just that I think it has all been said a million times and I don’t want to bore people or say somethiing that is just blah! The words will come —- it just takes time.

That is all I have for you today. Nothing inspirational or witty comes to mind. Maybe it is because I’m sitting here with a full and satisfied tummy and I can feel the drowsies moving in. So, I’ll just wish you a pleasant afternoon and a good evening. Keep the faith and stay in touch with God. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment