Thursday, April 5, 2018

It is April 5th and I’m looking at an Accuweather forecast for a winter storm. What is up with that???My daffodils are already drooping from the frost last night and we are supposed to have a gard freeze tonight. I have the robins of spring and the junkos of winter both hopping around my back yard. Even the birds are confused. My bird baths have an ice glaze over them yet the trees are leafing out. Unless we get some warm and windy days pretty soon, the farmers won’t be out working the fields until the end of April because the ground is too wet and cold.

I still haven’t filled any of the feeders and by now thee squirrels are going through all kinds of gyrations to claw and grab and hang in all sorts of positions to grab the last vestiges of food that is in them. I will get things filled up today because we are supposed to have snow either tonight or tomorrow night. Then I need to go looking for some of my foods that go in other feeders. I haven’t tried Menards yet and I think they maybe have a good assortment of bird foods. At least they advertise that they have bird food and I hadn’t thought of going there before. Some of what I need is simply things like thistle seed. Rural King has thistle seed in bulk but the problem with that is that if it sits out in the open, the oil in it dries out and the birds won’t eat it. Then it just sits there in the feeder and molds.

I’m glad to report thaat my parishioner made it through his knee replacement quite well yesterday. The family was all there for the surgery and we prayed together I had to laugh though because his daughter posted a picture of him laying in bed working on a piece of equipment that the nurse was having a problem with. But that is just the kind of guy he is. If ya’ need help he will help you regardless of what condition he might be in. He is always doing things around the church that need doing and never expects or wants any recognition for it.

So, I stopped writing my blog and went out and filled ten of my feeders. I wasn’t quite back in the house before I had guests arriving. Now I have happy squirrels and cardinals and finches and starlings all out there. I have another nine to fill but this will get them through their “starvation” because obviously they can’t find anything else in the whole world to eat. I do have some very spoiled critters and guests at my buffet. BUt that is why I get to enjoy them. They know this is the place to come to always find food. I Istill have the eighty pounds of sunflower seed in the trunk of the car that I need to take to the shed and put in the can. Then I can fill the rest of the feeders.

It is time to refill the coffee cup so I’m out of here. It is sun shiny out there and the temp wasn’t all that uncomfortable while I was filling feeders; so if you can, get out and enjoy a little fresh air on your face and enjoy this world that God has created. Let the sun shine on you and let the Son shine in you today. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment