Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The temperature figures are reversed today. Yesterday it was 63 and today it is 36. There is also a stiff breeze blowing this morning which is a continuation or residual from the weather pattern from yesterday. But, we lucked out with the storms. They kind of fell apart as they hit the Evansville metro area. Others over to the west in Illinois were not so lucky. There were pictures of the little town of Galatia where several homes were hit hit by a tornado and destroyed. My prayers go out for the people that lived in them. Fortunately, I have not heard of any injuries or deaths from the storms though. Again I give praise to God for that.

I’m up earlier this morning. I wanted to get my blog written and my silly computer games of Bingo & Criminal Case played before I head out to the hospital to sit with a family from church. A parishioner is having a knee replacement done this morning so I’ll be there with them for prayer. It is a part of the job as pastor that I enjoy. The one on one time with families always gives me a chance to learn more about the families and I can watch the interaction between the family members. The picture one sees in church is sometimes much different than one sees when a family is under stress. People let their guard down and true relationships come through.  When I’m doing marriage or relationship counselling I often will arrange the chairs a certain way and then watch to see how the couple react to the chair placement. It is also interesting to see who sits next to who at the hospital. I may not always interpret it correctly but, there is a lot of information that can be gathered about family relationships just by watching them with one another.

I see I have some feeders to fill this afternoon. I bought eighty pounds of sunflower seed on Saturday but it is still in the car. I guess I’ll put on my yard boots and traipse through the muck to carry that around to the shed and then fill my feeders. It is going to be cold temperatures yet for a few more days and we are told that we might even get more snow before the week is over. Winter will just not go away this year. Perhaps it is no different than any other year but by this time folks are so looking forward to a week or two of just nice warm spring days. I’m already hearing grumbling about planting season being late etc, etc,. I certainly can’t get any spring vegetables in the ground because the ground is so wet. I’m one of the few thaat actually got garden ground worked up. But, God will provide and by July I’ll probably be griping about the lack of rain.

Enjoy your day whether it is rainy or dry, cold or warm. Remember that God will provide for your needs and God’s love is always around you. Give thanks for the wonderful Good News of the gospel that Jesus is raised from the dead and therefore we will be too for eternity in the peace that come from God. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment